1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing Boss V-XT on 2010 Ford F350

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jeepboyny, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jeepboyny

jeepboyny Junior Member

Hey all,

I bought a new F250 in the fall and had a new Boss 8'2 Power-V-XT installed on it. I wrecked the truck in January and it ended up being totalled. I just picked up a new 2010 F350 2 weeks ago to replace it and want to install everything onto the new truck.

Anyone have one of the new Fords to let me know where they put everything like the relay pack, solenoid etc? The rest of it is pretty straight forward like plugging in the headlights and wiring up the light switch over wire to the upfitter switch.

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

The diesels don't really have much room at all - we mounted solenoid to the air box cover and made a bracket to attach relays to, the bracket attaches to fender wall and runs parallel to firewall.
  3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I used a zip tie and zip tied the relays to the brake fluid reservoir, just make sure you keep them facing upward. With a diesel there is no room at all as said.
  4. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I took 1 look and took it to the dealer
  5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

my dealer does all my installs, charges me 400, 100 bucks off his usual rate. he does absolutely top notch installs, everything is ran professionally and with attention to detail. well worth the price in my opinion.
  6. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

What boss dealer do you go to protouch? Where did they put your solenoid on your 6.4?
  7. PTSolutions

I use North Royalton Power Equipment - i buy scag, ferris, stihl and boss products from them as well as use them as my service center. Joe owns the place and all the guys know us by name. The took care of us last year when my flat top v started flaking paint, joe snapped some pics and sent em to his boss rep, called back same day telling me boss is sending out new wings for me.

my friends got their's installed by JTI i believe and they had wiring issues and it looked like a hack job all around.

Ill have to check on solenoid placement and let you know
  8. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Just wondering where they put it since there aint much room under the hood. I got my boss at o reilly in newbury, im happy with them and will buy there again.
  9. PTSolutions

got those pics of the location of the solenoid, its right next to the power steering reservoir:

10. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Thanks for the pics, looks like a good spot for it. Those 6.4s sure are crammed in there, still wouldnt mind having one though.