1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing an XLS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serafii, Sep 1, 2016.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

hey guys, it's that time of year. Winters around the corner and we gotta start getting ready.

I'm currently driving a 2015 f350 6.7 powerstroke. It's equipped with a 7.5' fisher hd with a 3 plug setup.

I came across what I think to be a good deal. 2011 XLS with push frames and wiring. No joystick.

He had it mounted on a 2007 f350 diesel.

What will I need to make this work?

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

As long as he had the H13 headlights like your truck has, you will need the controller.

If he had the 2B headlights, then you will also need a headlamp harness.

3. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Will my module work? Or do I absolutely need his? And are the push plates the same for the XLS?

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

All the minute mount plates are the same. Do you have 4 port or 3 port module. Believe there is an adapter to make it work with 4 port. If you have 3 port module you will need to swap control harness and battery harness to make XLS work. Also a 4pin control.

5. kimber750

Just remember that you are adding around 300# of plow to the front of your truck. So plan to deal with the extra weight also.

6. serafii

serafii Senior Member

hey guys, a little update.
    i ended up picking up an XLS. not the original mentioned but another one.

this one came off a 2011 dodge ram 3500 drw.

he gave me everything needed, minus the pushplates.

i was sorting out the wiring and noticed that the module i have under the hood of my truck is fisher P/N 29070-1.
    his is the p/n 29070.

fisher e-search tells me i need the 29070-1(thank god that what i have). if the xls came with 29070, would the 29070-1 work?

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

one last thing. can anyone tell me how to wire it all up? i know you guys are good at doing installs. my dealer wants 700$ and i cant find the instructions on fishers website

8. kimber750

Go to Fisher site and click support at the top. All the instructions can be found from there. Will most likely need a headlight harness.