1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing an Electric Airhorn.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cfdff85, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Can anyone help me under stand the part about the horn relay?

WIRE.JPG

2. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

What part of the relay hookup dont you understand :confused:

3. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

This is the part that is confusing me. I am not familiar with the horn relay one bit so i don't know what it really looks like i am assuming i can take the white/brown wire coming off this relay to the stock horn speaker and it would work. by the looks of it it looks like i'll even be able to remove the stock speaker? anyone agree/ disagree?
    If you look at the picture i just submitted it it says " to horn button", "to battery". those should be run already from the factory right and then all i ave to do is add or remove the stock speaker and add the white/brown wire to it, no?

WIRE2.JPG

4. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

air horn

The wire to the stock horn should be dark green .you can hook the air horn to that wire and do away with the stock horns if you want. all the other wiring has been done for you at the factory all you need to do is make sure the airhorn has a ground.

5. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Thank You Very much you have been very helpful. Would you by anychance know where the stock horn location is? if not thank you for all that you have done!

6. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

horn location

They are located in the bottm corners of the radiator support

84977557.gif

7. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

Last question, i found the green wire comeing from my fuse box, except there are two green wires they are equal in darkness and i cannot tell which wire is coming from what port on the fuse panel. the only thinf is is that one of them is solid green and one of the is green with a white strip. which is the correct one here is a picture (SORRY IT IS REALLY FUZZY I DONT KNOW WHY) the green wire to the left is the solid green wire and the green wire on the right that goes under the black wire is the green and white stripped wire

IMAG0013.JPG

8. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

wire

The solid green wire should be what you want. take a test light and see if it lights up when yu blow the horn.