1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing aftermarket (J Thomas) snow deflector on Boss V

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Lad, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

This may be a silly question, but what are the rubber blocks (10 per deflector) for? I received three in the mail the other day. I guess I thought the deflector piece of rubber just mounted right to the frame. Are these essentially large washers? I'm assuming you install them by sandwiching the deflector between the blocks and the top of the mulboard? Do you use all 10? Which means you've got 30 holes to drill?

How about the center section of rubber?

Thanks for any help... installing them today.
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I think the blocks install perpindicular to the deflector and moldboard and act as stiffeners. By installing on top of the deflector the blocks keep is from lifting as the snow or air rolls of the moldboard.

I have never used or installed on but this is how is appears to work.
  3. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I think you're right. I did a post before I examined the contents of my box more closely. The little blocks caused me to scratch my head when I first looked at them. Thanks for confirming for me.
  4. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I had a cheap deflector on my old Boss V and it would flip around in the wind hard enough to shake the truck. I made blocks for it as well. On the new 9' V I bought the Boss deflector.