1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing a used Boss poly V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by copper131, Aug 30, 2009.

1. copper131

copper131 Junior Member

I just purchased my first Boss plow. The plow I bought is a 06 8.2 poly V. I will be mounting the plow myself on my 04 Chevy 2500HD. The truck is gas powered. I have a few questions about the install. Searching through this site, I have seen many of you use timbrens. Will these be needed on my truck? Should I turn up the T-Bars? If so how much? Any other suggestions anyone can make would be of great help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like many of the posts you've probably already read Timbrens are most helpful and while you're there give the T-bars a minimum of 3-4 full turns. Truck will handle the weight easily then. Be sure you do all this BEFORE you install the mount as of course making these suspension adjustments will affect the mounts height. Which is a good thing since it will help to keep the mount out of the lower valance panel, less (or no) valance panel cutting that way.

The next order is to search both here in the Chevy truck section and also the truck equipment repair section using the keyword "gussets". Those found threads will explain the rest. :waving:

3. copper131

copper131 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice B&B. I have a friend that could weld on gussets for me without a problem. I should be starting the install this coming weekend. Hopefully all goes well.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Chevy's always do need a little etra help when you put a plow on them. !

What part of Buffalo you working?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

But fortunately all simple upgrades that can be carried out while sipping on a piping hot coffee at your leisure. :D

6. copper131

copper131 Junior Member

I,m in Hamburg.

7. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Funny how familiar this sounds... I just installed the same plow truck setup. Trust me when I tell you it is easy. Just take a day when no one is around to bother you and you'll have no problems what so ever.