1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing a plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CMB55, Oct 24, 2006.

1. CMB55

CMB55 Junior Member

I've got a new 2006 Sierra W/T ,Factory Plow Prep,HD Trailering and Towing Package.I bought a Snow Way MT 90 Package and am looking at a self install. I've got no qualms with the electrics , But am curious as to how much hassle the sub frame installation is. It's obvious that I'll be trimming the Aiir Dam. I was checking out the bumper removal tonight and wondered is anybody could steer me to any possible shortcuts. Left to my own devices I allways seem to remove more than I need to.

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I'm not sure on the Snow Way, but when I put my Fisher on I took the lower valence and fog lights off (took about 15 minutes). This made it easier to get to everything. If you do have fogs take them off before taking the valence off. There's two bolts holding them to the bracket. Afterwards I trimmed the valence. Usually the frame mounts are only a handful of bolts that you have to torque in there.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I did my own install on a Boss. I didnt even need to take the bumper or valance off. But im not sure if the Sierras would need to come off seeing as they have a different style bumper?? Only thing needed to come off for mine was the headlights and the grill. And that underneath plastic skid plate thingy where the frame needs to bolt onto

4. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

When I installed my snoway, I think I ended up taking the front grill facia and lower valence off. The only thing I had problems with were the bolts for the towhooks. Snoway sent the wrong thread patter so we had to make a run for them at 9:30 at night. Luckily Lowes was still open. But with three inches of white stuff already on the ground, I was begining to sweat. I wish you luck. Don't decide to put it on before the first stormof the year.

5. goose06

goose06 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I just installed a Snoway 29 series 8 footer on a 2006 Silverado 2500HD. Had no trimming at all on the front end. Only thing I had to remove was my tow hooks. Bumper, and lower valence stayed on. Had to adjust the torsion bars as Snoway recommends 8" clearance and after they plow frame was on it only had 6", maybe 6.5".