1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing a new Blizzard plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blizzardplow, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Blizzardplow

Blizzardplow Junior Member

I am in the process of buying a Blizzard 760 to mount on my 04 F-150. Could someone please let me know if this is something I could install myself or should I pay the $400 from the dealer to install. I am mechanicly inclinedand have a hoist and tools, so what do all of you think?

2. Robo

Robo Senior Member

I didn't think installation was to bad on my snoway. Assembly of the plow is probably harder. Give it whirl really there is only a handfull of wiring connections, hydraulic hoses, and some bolts. If you can't do it take back to the dealer and have them do it. :waving:

3. butters

butters Member

My dealer charged $300 for installation and I had no time to fool with it myself so I had them do it. If you have the time it really shouldn't be that hard to do. One thing that I think would be difficult would be running the wires through the firewall into the cab. Pain in the @$$. Like Robo said if you run into trouble you can always take it in and have them do it.

4. 4speed

4speed Member

It's a snap! I am not familiar with the ford so I dont know if there is a place for the harness to go through the fire wall, I borrowed a hole saw to use on my chevy and used a gladhand gasket from a semi to seal the harness.

5. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

peice of cake really, just takes time. Do your legwork first, and ASK the dealer on any tips or good info. Maybe even download any info you can find off their site just in case. Be prepared ahead of time to drill into your frame rails if you have to, have a good or new metal drill bit the appropriate size. I just did a western unimount on a 04 ford SD and it took 4 hrs with a helper at my buddies bodyshop......heated garages are sweet, dont do it in the cold, will take you all day. Also check with them on self installs, I've heard of dealers using that as an excuse as far as warranty goes.......

6. drplow

drplow Senior Member

doing it for the first time might take all day. from past experience, i could spend the day doing something that i know, and get paid for it rather than screw around with something that i don't know much about and not get paid at all but save a few bucks. time is money, and in the end you have to ask yourself if your time is worth that much.