1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing a mount on my 00 f250

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by catzr440sp, Nov 28, 2013.

1. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

Hi, dumb question here....anyone istall a minute mount 2 plow frame on a 00 f250 themself? Im looking for some tips on installing mine. I am planning on doing the install on saturday. Any help?? Thanx

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Never done a Fisher, but I've done two Westerns on Fords, one on a Dodge. And a Boss on a Chevy. Biggest advice I guess I could give is take your time, and think it through. Have plenty of good drill bits and patience.

3. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

Thanx!! I was under the assumption that I just use the existing holes in my frame? I take it im gonna have to drill a few holes??

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You have to pull the bumper and also blocker beam behind the bumper if it has one. Pretty easy install otherwise, a few 1/2" holes need to be drilled on each side. Go to Fishers website and get the directions if you don't have them.

5. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

I tried looking on fishers web site but didnt see anything??

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I do not recall drilling any holes but it was a while ago. You do however need the bolts that have the 1/2" wide flat stock welded to the heads of them. The flat stock on some of the bolts is pretty long. You need this because the frame is boxed. This allows you to fish the bolt/flatstock assembly in the hole and then allows you to tighten the nut up from the outside of the frame without trying to hold the head of the bolt(which is near impossible). You need these.

8. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

ok thanx!!

9. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

thanx for the tips!! Should be much easier now that I have the instructions.....

10. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

Well things went pretty smooth instaling the plow bracket today. About 2 hours. Now I just have to jack up the plow to get it to match up with the push plates! And then make some sort of deck so I can drop the plow on it to make it easier to unmount the plow and hook it up. Any ideas?? Angain thanx for all the help and tips!!

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Your plow does not have a jack to hold it up while it's off the truck?

12. catzr440sp

catzr440sp Member

It does, but I have a 4"lift on my truck. And the tires are kinda big to!!