1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installing a leveling kit

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by blk90s13, Mar 1, 2007.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I got a 2 inch leveling kit for my cummins and will be installing it this coming up weekend anything you guys suggest ? easiest way to do it etc ?

I was planning on picking up a spring compressor form my local autozone and a set of shocks while I am at it too I am getting mixed feedback on the dodge forum between disconnecting every thing on the front axle except for the brake hoses and others say just jack the truck up and let the axle hang and the spring should come right out with out compressor only need compressor to put it back in with the 2 inch kit

what you all think ?

2. db27

db27 Member

level kit

Did my 96 3 years ago and did my 06 on monday with the 2 inch spacer.
    First remove lower and upper shock bolt.
    Remove sway bar end link bolts.
    Jack up truck with BIG jacks that can take the weight and Heavy duty saftey stands(these trucks are heavy) Be carefull
    under the front chassis.
    Jack up till springs are loose.
    Remove 3 shock tower nuts and pull shocks out.
    Raise chassis more till springs fall out.
    Put in spacers with 2 nuts.
    Lift chassis more and slip in coils.
    Lower to put a little weight on coils(not much).
    Bolt in shocks and towers.
    Tighten sway bar.
    2 or 3 hours at most.No spring compressor needed just big jacks,stands,railroad ties for blocking and hand tools.Hardest part was removing top shock nut:realmad:
    have fun

3. blk90s13

i need to invest in a set of real jack stands and jack then mine are all 2 ton limit for use on all my little 2 door nissans

thanks for the input

4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

For the time and effort I had them installed on my F-150 last year for 200 bucks...
    -Eric

5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Piece of cake....did them on my 01 2500 CTD 1 month after I got it....

Looks Like he spelled it out as good as anyone could have....all I got to say is go with metal spacers....I have talked with 3 guys that had to replace the daystar poly ones after about a year or so....the extra weight of the diesel combined with freeze thaw cycles makes them split....

I also talked to guys that swore that they had 10+ years with the diesel and the Daystars but they were all in warmer climates...florida, georga, Texas...and they never added the extra weight of a plow to the mix.....

6. blk90s13

7. db27

db27 Member

Yep use the metal ones.:drinkup:

8. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Those look like they will do the trick....

WOW.... I got mine from HELL-BENT-STEEL off of E-bay for $45 right about a year ago.

9. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

I got the revtek 2" levelers. - Metal and had them installed. I believe the breakdown showed $112.50 (1.5 hours labor)