1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing a EX80 today on my 2002 2500HD

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by schwartz306, Dec 4, 2010.

1. schwartz306

schwartz306 Junior Member

Does anyone know if I can get away with having the center line of the truck mount crossbar 12" from the ground? My 2500HD has a small lift to it and that is about as low as I can get the crossbar. Do they make a kit to lower the mount if I have to?

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

The excursion we put one on sat the same way. I think it will be fine it will just where the edges funny. It will also change the attack angle. I have plowed with three different lifted trucks and they did good but like I said the edges would where funny from it putting more pressure on one side of the cutting edge when angled.

3. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

I have a lifted Ford, I put a vx 85 on it had no problems. My center bar I have is 14 from the ground

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The plow will trip easier and you will only get clean scrape with part of the blade. after the wearedge wears awhile you will get half a blade of clean scrape, and the corners will wear out A LOT sooner then the center.

5. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I have a 4" lift and 35" tires on my jeep so I modified the push plates and added a brace above the push bar to help prevent twisting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You have the concept:nod: Over welding can cause it's own issues. Several good fillets perhaps 3 inches long 9" on center would have done the job

7. schwartz306

schwartz306 Junior Member

Yeah...I talked to the tech guy at SnowDogg (Buyers) today and he told me the same thing about wearing down the edges of the blade first. He told me I could put the shoes on and set them about 1/4" lower than the blade and that this would help some. I think I might try that until I get a chance to modify the mount to lower the crossbar.

8. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I'm just dropping tire size from a 255/85/16 down to a 265/75/16. Its not a hole lot but it will help. Basher did you get my PM?