1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installing 4 port 3 plug setup

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Lone136, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Well, the time has come to install my new setup. I'm going with a 4 port. Any input before I do a change over. I did instill my new Fisher lights. Can't wait to light them up when the snow gets here

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

make sure all the harnesses are plugged into the isolation module all the way

3. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Will do and thank you for the input

4. chevyzrule810

and you have an inline fuse to your power source for the controller.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah...what he said. I was typing that exact same thing ^^^^^^^^^^^

6. chevyzrule810

Ryan you got rid of the GMC?

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup, I sure did. I had to get rid of her while she was still worth something. I sold the XLS too, but I bought another new one a few weeks ago.

Did you notice my signature, or did you see her somewhere?

8. chevyzrule810

yeah I saw your signature.How much does a cash and carry cost for an XLS?

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

For just the plow side, it's around $4700. Then to add it to your existing setup, you'll need a controller ($300), & the 2 piece control harness (2 @ $98 = $200)...so $5200. I paid $56xx for everything.

10. chevyzrule810

I'm thinking about getting a new blade next year I was thinking of an x-blade.Do all the new plows have security guard on them? My father just got a new straight blade and I don't it has it on it.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup. All the new plows are fleet flex (2 plug multiplex). He must of gotten an ealry 2011 or left over 2010.

12. chevyzrule810

would there be something on the plow? Also it didn't come with a cutting edge on it but it does have the shoes.Should you run the shoes for awhile.I've heard to run without shoes and wear the moldboard a little?

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

It came with shoes....but no cutting edge? They typically don't come with either. Don't bother using the shoes. They're intended for soft ground....even then, they're pretty useless in my opinion.