1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installers- question on strobe wire connector pinning

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by justme-, Apr 6, 2011.

1. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Alright, I'm planning on putting in a couple of small TIR type lights and I want to wire it reasonably standard so I'm wondering what is the standard wiring sequence - in other words the 4 pin Molex connectors (Whelen style), which pin is supposed to go to which color wire, and which side is supposed to have the male or female?
    I'm not using a strobe setup at this time, but it would be nice not to have to redo the wires in the event I do in the future.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Pin 1 is red
    Pin 2 is black
    Pin 3 is white
    Pin 4 is green

The white female looking plug gets the male pins and the male looking white plug get the female pins.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Thanks- which end goes on which side of the wire- from a strobe controller it's pretty straight forward, but which end (m or f) is generally on the tube pigtail?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The female with male pins goes on the strobe tube and the male with female pins goes on the cable.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Thanks again!
    It's amazing how hard that little bit of information is to locate on the web in this google-centric world we have.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I agree. Sometimes you have to go to the manufactures site and look high and low for it. Sometimes you can find it sometimes you can't on their site, usually you can.