1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installer in Milwaukee area???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cti531, Sep 28, 2010.

1. cti531

cti531 Member

Wondering if anyone knows of a good strobe sales and installer in the Milwaukee, WI area?
  2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

PM ddumont2009, here is a video of some of the work he does. He also has strobes in that truck as well, but i cant find a clip of those.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLEgf9jtxwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLEgf9jtxwE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  3. cti531

cti531 Member

I've tried to PM him but I get an error message. Anyone know of anyone else in the Milwaukee area? Can be an individual or a shop that does this.
  4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

L & K specialties, you should be able to google them.
  5. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

He has only one post so no PM for him, sorry about that.
  6. ff1241

ff1241 Member

I go with

General fire equipment

(414) 475-0959

(414) 475-1208 FAX

975 North Hawley Road
    Milwaukee WI 53213

My truck

I have also used Streichers but their installs don't look as good as General fire's.

Streicher's Police Equipment
    (262) 781-2552
    4777 N 124th St, Butler, WI 53007 Get directions
    Cross Streets: Near the intersection of N 124th St and W Derby Pl

They did the install on the security truck for the hospital I work at.

Do not use General Communications

General Communications Incorporated
    (262) 439-2000
    N57w13466 Reichert Ave, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051 Get directions
    Cross Streets: Between Campbell Dr and Shenandoah Dr

They might be cheep but you will need to have the work redone by someone else. Use at you own risk. The Hospital I work at had the old security truck done by them. Used too small of cable when installed light bar. Cable got fried and breaker did not trip.

One more is Hyper lights but I cant find is card with his info. He has a web sight but Im not sure its the one I posted. I have never seen or used any of the vehicles he has installed so I can't tell you how good he is.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  7. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

General fire is good. Buddies squads that were done by Streichers have had lots of issues.
  8. cti531

cti531 Member

Anyone try Ultimate truck on Hwy 100?
  9. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

north of Milwaukee?

(without trying to hijack ...)

Does anyone know of a good installer (person or business) north of Milwaukee, ie Ozaukee or Sheboygan county?
  10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

kaestner electric in waukesha does good work
  11. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Wicked Warnings is the only person I would consider. If you want reliability, excellence in the work and real customer service, you need to contact George @ Wicked Warnings 630-361-4390 or MrDissociative@gmail.com

Not only the lights but complete plow harness. Alternator wiring upgrade to battery. Snow-Ex v-box salter. Pre-wet system wiring. Reverse lights. Salter work light. Top rotator with 2 way flash or rotate switch. Air shocks tubing to a under dash pressure gauge/switch. Air compressor in Du-Ha box under rear seat. THEN the 4 corner LED strobes!

All done properly and magnificently looking!!!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  13. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

x3 for George. He's got the good deals on equipment and knows how to use it.
  14. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

funny story...when i was 19 at a rave party in chicago some chick from Sheboygan took me home.....kinda ackward next morning at 11am when i was like.."so can i get that ride home now"..LOL....great memories...

you guys should host a plowsite meet....we had one in Detriot, and Ohio, Mchenery, and DesPlains so far this year.....beer and BBQ...
  15. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

So I can assume you used $10 and rode the dog home? (Greyhound)
    Rode Amtrack for a trip from Gary back to Milwaukee one time myself. Some end up in the town next door, others land in a whole different state.

BTW, where are you located? If I'm in milwaukee and need install work, how do I find you?
  16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Fixed it for ya! :drinkup:
  17. cti531

cti531 Member

Yeah, I used Ultimate Truck in West Allis to install my mini lightbar. Seems to work fine but after looking at it from a distance it looked off-center. Sure enough, got the tape measure out and it is not centered from side to side. The left side is 17.5 inches from the edge and the right side is 16.5 inches from the edge. I realize that this means they only missed it by .5 inch but it still bothers me. Am I being too picky when I expect it to be perfectly centered???
  18. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Part of doing the job right is to put the bar center on the truck. See if they can fix it or if they will give you some money back for not doing it right.
  19. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

:laughing::laughing: i use to be able to talk like that.....now notice my avatar...big MJD is gonna get ya!....

and no.......that pretty little girl drove me home as hung over and cracked out as she was....LOL....she offered....:D
  20. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

try homers chrome shop they do alot with there wreckers for lighting