1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

installed timbrens, now cat get plow on..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by daveintoledo, Nov 28, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

the truck just wont get close enough to the plow, ive tried lowering the jack , raising the jack, no matter what i try the mounting bracket wont get close enough to the plow for the holes to line up.....:realmad::realmad::realmad::dizzy::dizzy

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Recheck you install because adding timbrens won't raise the truck, it will maintain the correct hight when the plow is installed and raised.

3. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

plow

what is it for a plow

4. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

ride height...

i was curous about that too, i talked to the salesman on the phone last night.... and he said with my ford f150, 1993 (the body style has a low front end....that it was normal for the timbrens to be in contact with the axel at all times and would raise the front a bit, but that shouldnt be a problem right, i should be able to install the plow on almost any height vehicle with the proper mount, by raising the jack up.....i guess the height really didnt change that much, a bit maybe...just the stiffness of the front end....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  5. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

that makes no sense... maybe if you posted pix.:confused:

6. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

ill try and get a pic..

if you look at the holes and pin, you have a front to back line up of the hole, and a up and down line up of the hole, .....the hole on the mount, on the truck wont get close enough to the hole on the plow mounting bracket,....

-0- this would be right and line up front to back,

-0--( this exdample, the 0 is not far enough forward...

the book said to drive up, and when you get the plow in the mount, to push the plow forward a few inches ....i see where this should work , and did a few days ago,....but at this rate i can push the plow all the way to pittsburg and the holes will not line up.....aaaaagggghhhh

7. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

double checked this, ....

and sent pics to the salesmen, he said its just right...... perfect instillation.....you see the two are different, and where not marked passenger side or drivers side, neither where the instructions, so i contacted the service department to confirm all was installed correctlly

8. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

oh , its the easy mount plus...

that might make a difference...

9. bribrius

i remember you bid on that car wash and got it.

dont take this the wrong way. But have you ever plowed before? sounds like you skipped plowing anything and went right to bidding commercial jobs. lol.

10. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

not the case....

ive been running a legal business for 4 years, started in lawn care, the first three years we used snow blowers, last year i had an old truck with a beat up old western on it......may she rest in peace...:blush2:

so i have been bidding on commercial jobs for a while, even if i hadnt, the car wash i got is one big empty chunk of concrete...... other then one island in the middle with the vacumes.....it would be a perfect place to get lots of practice, but as i said, not all that experienced in plowing , but not completely new either

working on a couple of pics now....
    so this is my first NEW plow, and i have to say the old western was easier to hook up then the meyers with the EASY MOUNT PLUS system......

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  11. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

pics

hope this explains, it.... i need to get another inch inside the mount, but trying to drive in closer, just moves the plow

mount.jpg

12. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

another

pic from another angle

new 047.jpg

13. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

I Got It>>>>>>

funny how looking at a picture can give you a different idea...

i jacked the FRONT of the plow up, and slid right into place...

lesson learned i guess , thanks guys.....

14. bribrius

i'm still lost. I know with some of the trucks they ride on the timbrens all the time but if timbrens raised the stance of your truck at all it should have been minimal.
    And i dont see how that would drastically effect putting the plow on. least you have it on though. thats a good thing. :D
    question: can you get it back off and put in on again?

15. daveintoledo

from nw ohio

yes..

just tried, might have been the angle at which the plow was dropped before the timbrens where put on.... now that it was dropped from the same height and angle...as it would be going on... it works pretty well...i didnt get it either, i really though, as you it shouldnt make that much difference....put it on and off again two times in just a few minutes.....

funny thing, my wife was the one who mentioned it last night, and i said your crazy, that shouldnt make a difference, ..... she said, looks like if you raised the front of the plow a bit, blah blah blah...so now i have to tell her she was right....

and no more sagging front end.... rides good...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  16. bribrius

women are always right. even when they are wrong. it is best to accept that because the alternative is much, much worse.