1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installed new plow on 2010 Chevy and wont work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by justbarriault, Dec 30, 2011.

1. justbarriault

justbarriault Junior Member

I just bought a new truck and now have added a plow. The plow was on my 2004 Ford F250. My new truck is a 2010 Chevy 2500HD. Old plow used the 4 port module but I bought new 3 port module, new light harness(29400-5), and of course mounts. The only thing I really reused on the truck side is the control harness that plugs into the A port of module. Nothing on the plow works. No lights, no light on the joystick, nothing. In the wiring near the module there are (4) 1 wire connectors. but 2 near the module are both male (blck and blck/org), and 2 further down the harnesses are both female (both blck/org) so I'm sure something here isnt correct. The new harness also has 2 relays and I don't see relays anywhere on the schematic. Am i supposed to no use that section? and last there is a 3 prong plug on the control harness that I kept off of the ford that has just a wire loop for two of the prongs. I was told by someone not to plug that loop in but once again, nothing in instructions. Am i screwed? thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I am not a Fisher expert but do know that the blk/org should be hooked up. This is the ground.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

4. justbarriault

That adapter may be installed. Does anyone think that the fact the harness that goes to the solonoid and the cab is dated in '04 makes it different than what I should have now? and are the 2 relays supposed to be used even though they aren't shown in the diagram? Afriend strted the wiring for me while i was installing push plates so I'm not 100% sure of what he did. I'm pretty sure the harness i reused that went to solonoid and cab was plugged into the "A" port and B and C were matched with corresponding harness

5. justbarriault

If that adapter was not used correctly, is it possible for that harness to have gotten plugged into the module, meaing, can it fisically fit into the port? That may be my issue but I can't look at it till tonight

6. cubicinches

The 29047 adapter really can't be plugged in incorrectly. It'll only go one way. The control harness will physically plug into the A position on the module, but this is not correct. The control harness plugs into the 29047, and the other end plugs into the lighting harness. The 11 pin harness that goes to the grill connector plugs into port A at the module.

7. justbarriault

I bet that's the issue. That would also explain the 2 male connectors next to each other and vise-versa. What about the connector which I believe is the one that says Not Used. This si the one with three wire in and on my F250 it had the male connector with just a loop. I'm assuming don't use the male/ loop and leave it disconnected?

8. cubicinches

That's the configuration plug. It should be removed for your application, as the correct configuration for headlamp common will be established by the orientation of the connectors on the plug in harness at the vehicle's headlamp plugs.

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Which is gonna be your next problem unless your buddy got extremely lucky and plugged all 4 in correctly,they are reversible and will go either way but only one way is correct!your gonna need a test light to find your commons

10. cubicinches

I was gonna say that would be what his next thread would be about... But I didn't wanna be an a-hole... :D

11. justbarriault

Luckily I did that part. The headlights are working correctly on the truck so we'll see if the plow end works. Any issues there are my fault all the way. I'm almost willing to bet that there's also a thread for that already though haha. If I had started it myself I probably would have laid it out on the floor first to get an idea of what the hec I was doing

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011