1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installed new A frame and rubber pad on Power V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by alldayrj, Dec 19, 2014.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Which hole do i bolt the pad down by? I assume its for some type of adjustment?
    Thanks!

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

3. alldayrj

Thanks. Got it. The tips are off but pad is slid all the way back.

My cutting edges are within an inch of the blade, I'll address it when its time to replace them

4. maxwellp

Tips are off with the plow in what position? Blades back?

5. maxwellp

A faster way to move that block.
    I of course would not do this because you could smash a finger if you stick it in the wrong place.
    Have a helper or two hang on the plow when it is raised and V forward, then you can move the block without taking it off the truck- using a jack - and in general making a mountain out of a mole hill. But I would not do it this way.

6. alldayrj

Tips are off when in vee. After dismounting i noticed the plow hanging up on the mount. I measured the mount and its 17" so the shop who installed it will be dropping the pushbeam on monday and hopefully that fixes it.

This plow has been great to work on, i could change that a frame out in 2 hours next time. But adjusting that pad is stupid, i would definitely try the finger smash technique if i had to move it.

7. maxwellp

8. alldayrj

Yea all they install is boss and meyer. Idk how they screwed this up. Even i knew it was 15.5

9. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Easy way to adjust the rubber shim ... just put plow in full scoop, drive into snow bank or whatever so it trips forward ... adjust away with no worries. I also use this method to clean out the ice that gets trapped in there after a ton of plowing ...

10. alldayrj

Thanks for the tip. What if i put it in scoop and raise the plow, then push down on it with the skid steer? Seems safer.

I don't think i need to adjust it at all once they get the mount right. I plowed one storm with it as is, was annoying in scoop or vee so i just used it like a straight blade

11. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Any way to trip it while on the truck is easier yep.