1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installed cab lights on plow rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pooleo8, Aug 9, 2011.

1. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

Finally got my cab lights on. Was a realy easy install. Removed hedliner and wired the lights to my parking light wire. I also ran the factory fog light switch to my overhead light. Also installed blue LED's into the switch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Looks good! How was it drilling through your roof? Ive been wanting to do that to mine, but I'm always hesitant to drill through my truck!

3. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

It was not bad at all. Measure twice, drill once. hehehe. I made sure to use some black RTV in, around, and under the holes and light itself. It ozz-is out, but can be cut with a razor blade once dry. I originally wanted the chevy style with the large center light. But after a year of looking, said the hell with it.

4. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

I used pop rivits. They come with sheet metal tap screws, not for me! rivits or nut and bolt would be the way to go.

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Your truck is looking good, nice job.