1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installed a Ram Mount in my Ram Truck!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by drivewaydoctor, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I am extremely impressed with the Ram Mounts. I installed my laptop coupled with my highspeed internet stick, webcam for video conference calls with my clients and a printer to print bids and contracts on the spot.

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I've been thinking about doing something like that. What kind of printer are you using?
  3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Pretty sweet John. I've been thinking about the doing the same thing for my truck...I'm just afraid it's going to take away from the passangers seat area. How much was the mount. I did some research on them awhile back, RAM was one of the best ones out there.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Is that an 03 Truck your driving? Looks like a slick setup!
  5. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I ran a RAM mount with a Panasonic Toughbook for about 3 yrs when I was in the trades. I had sprint wireless which was OK (slow). I also installed a garmin gps which was well worth the money. The only negative is the room it takes up. I will say the positives out weigh the negatives by far in this situation.
    Easy to intall too!!!
  6. Yes its my 03 Ram bro. The ram mount takes up NO passenger seat area at all and in fact it swings around for the passenger easily. I using Bell Canada's mobile internet stick which is 21Mbps (very fast). Im in my truck now as I type this reply actually :)
  7. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

did something similar

mine is also a ram mount and i love it

photo (20).jpg

photo (21).jpg
  8. I also run support software from my truck so people can click on "Live Help" and chat with me live. Im able to edit contracts and transfer them to them on the spot. Its called LiveZilla
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I''ve always wanted to do that too but I really don't have a good reason to do it.
  10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That's awesome, you can type on a laptop and drive at the same time. I'm stuck using this little blackberry keyboard....would be easier if I had a laptop LOL.

Nice setup- I could tell the year by the steering wheel.
  11. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice tablet PC. That would come in handy.
  12. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

jotto desk is another good one to check out but thats awesome man