1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installed a Meyer on a GMC today

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I installed this 8.5' Meyer onto this GMC 2500 (non HD) today for somebody who is going to plow with us. It wasn't to bad of a job. I hate installing used wiring though. The last person always hacks it when taking it off. I still have to button some things up, but it works great. He needs different tires though. They scrub when you turn sharp.

[​IMG]

2. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Needs also a new red plow hanging on it WESTERN!

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Why would you ruin that perfectly good truck?? J/k.. The plow lights might need raised a few inches. My cousin has a meyer 8.5 poly, he put a 4" piece of steel across the frame to raise the lights

4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good just paint the plow. Hey we could use some of that scenery over here,tymusic its 32 F had freezing rain this morning. Got about a foot and half of snow, cant wait to see the GROUND again.

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice install man congrats !!!!!!!!!!! hopfully you'll get some late season action before its over :drinkup:

6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice looking truck, defiantly need some skinner tires.

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

When you did this were you working on the grass?? How can you stand to do that??

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I can't stand it!!! I use large pieces of cardboard to lay down on.

I'm buying a friends in about a year. It has a detached 2 car garage with a bonus room upstairs and a 1/2 bath. Man town USA!!

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

If not Western a Boss would also look good and get the job done. Beautiful truck with a horrible plow!

10. thesnowman269

Just dont fill it with crap. My parents have a 3 car garage. We can only fit one car inside and it barely fits, So I am forced to work on things in the driveway. I hate it I want my old garage back, It was a nice 4 car garage ( could only fit 3 cars in it tho due to useless crap) and I could fit my truck with the plow on it inside. It was really nice especially if something broke, I had a place to fix it.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I meant to say I'm buying a friends HOUSE. I will have a big shed in the back for my ATVs, yard tools, etc.

12. thesnowman269

I understood ya haha, that shed will be nice, means more room in the garage wesport:salute:

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that looks like a pretty nice truck.

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats a real nice lookin gmc.....nice install pal

15. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

nice job bro!

now all we need is some of that white $$$$$