1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installed a cab and touched up my New Holland

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Nov 25, 2011.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I bought this skid steer October 29th after searching with no luck for a heated cab skid steer. I bought this solid cab kit for $1260 with everything including heat.

After I installed the kit I got a quart of New Holland paint ($18) and really touched up the paint.

Sorry I didn't get too many sequence pictures but you get the idea. Ignore that ugly guy, he was mad since he was having trouble getting a bolt in the hole.

2. MatthewG

Last 2 pictures

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Looks dope man.
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looking good! Is that a door from ebay? We bought the lexan version last year and not impressed, gaps everywhere, wiper motor is in the worst place and did I mention gaps? Nothing like getting in the cab with 4" of snow.
  5. MatthewG

Yes its the ebay one, I actually went and picked it up at his farm in New Holland Pa, straight up Amish guy, said he made 40 kits in the last 2 months.

As far as gaps, yea i have 2-3, its not too bad, however none of the holes lined up anywhere and he sent all the wrong bolts, but what do you expect I guess, cheaper this route
  6. skier125

skier125 Junior Member
    from Boston

where did you get the wiper motor and wiper? I'm looking for one for my skid steer.
  7. MatthewG

8. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Badass dude!
  9. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Is that an electric heater in there . How does it work
  10. MatthewG

The issue is not being cold, its foggy windows when the cab is damp and wet from rain or wet snow. If the guys can keep it dry in there, it is very comfortable for them.

Certainly no hot water forced air heater but it helps

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

coat the inside with rain ex anti fog an pick up a small fan that blows across the window like they have in school busses

I have a similar heater as it was very hard to find a heater for mine because its a Deutz oil cooled engine.
  12. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice skid, how did it work for you this season?
  13. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good.......Thumbs Up

I always keep an old wiper blade in the cab with me to "squee-gee" the windows off when they fog up............
  14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

So there are no windows that slide open??
  15. MatthewG

The machine has worked well this season, we plowed 5 times and tonight might be 6. The windows on the side are plexiglass and since they do not open that is part of the window fogging problem we sometimes encounter.

Like I said when I got the machine, I couldn't find an enclosed cab and this was a quick relatively inexpensive option. The operator from this year seemed to be happy using the machine.