1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation..

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jake T., Jan 9, 2009.

1. Jake T.

Jake T. Junior Member

Well, the fisher dealer is getting the parts needed to install my mm1 7-1/2' fisher onto my 2004 F-150. The two plug wire on the plow will be upgraded to 3, so the entire setup will be three plug. The headlights on the truck are h13. I'm told I will need to change the plow lights for this setup. The dealer will have all parts within the week. My question:

I want to install this myself. How much work am I looking at? Is the electrical plug & play? How difficult to notch the bumper to accept the push plates?

Thanks;

Jake....

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I would say you'll spend 6-8 hours installing this plow if you have the correct tools and strong mechanical skills. Most of the wiring is plug and play, you will have to tap into the turn signal lamps and running lights on the truck, you will also need to find a keyed power source for the control end of the plow. As far as notching the valance on the front bumper, measure twice, thrice and four times then cut, I typically use a 5" thin metal cutting blade on a 5" electric grinder, does a nice straight clean cut.

Good Luck
    Jay

3. Jake T.

Jake T. Junior Member

Nascar24;

Thanks for the info. I have done one before but wasn't sure how much different the newer truck would be. Didn't need to do the bumper notching before. I'll take your advice and measure a lot before cutting.

Jake....