1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, Nov 8, 2007.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking at installing (2) stobes or leds in my backrack. Also I may put a total of (6) hide-aways in my front & rear lights. What would the installtion of this cost? (roughly) Also could I do it myself or should I drop it off at a shop to install?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I havent done hide a ways but as ive read instructions for them they seem pretty easy. The led strobes are a piece of cake. The Whelens i got have 4 wire..one pos, one neg, one sync wire (connects the lights so they flash alternatly or the same) and one wire that changes the pattern. it couldnt be easier. only reason i didnt do hide a ways is because i didnt feel like running all those wires.

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

OK, seems pretty simple. One "?" though where do I hook up the leds for power?

4. 06HD BOSS

run the neg wire to a ground, positive that comes off the lights goes to the switch and the other terminal of the switch wire to the battery with an inline fuse.

5. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Exactly couldnt have said it better. The pain is the wiring, but when you first turn them on when your finished the results are amazing, truly worth it.

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Whats the difference if you ran wires for your leds or for a strobe kit ??? You lost me with that answer.

Strobe Kits are simple to install. The kit in the 02' took me about 3hrs. Doing the 06' tonight with an amber strobe kit.

7. 06HD BOSS

i only had to run one wire into the cab with the leds and one to the battery. with the hide a ways id have to run the power wires, then all the individual wires to each headlight and each taillight. not a big deal but i also didnt want to drill holes in my lights :rolleyes: