1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation ofControls for V-Box Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnoJob67, Sep 14, 2003.

1. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Do the in-cab controls of a V-Box need to be dealer installed, or is it a pretty basic installation that most anyone could do given installation instructions?

We are considering adding a V Box and just wondered how much there is to installing the controls if you don't have experience with them.

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Usually just low amp power and ground connections if the spreader has its own battery. I have made a ciagarette lighter plug for these on some trucks so when not in use they could put the controller under the seat. If you do mount it pay attention to where you are drilling so you don't drill into anything. I like mine somewhere eay to reach with my right hand.

3. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

very easy I know with the hiway spreaders we have the harness is all wired to the control panel, and all you have to do is run the red wire to the ignition terminal in the fuse box and drill a 1" hole through the floor and secure the harness to the chasis and mount the plug in the rear where you want and hook up the 6 wires to the corresponding terminals in the plug, the plug for the spreader is already factory installed and the truck side is a regular 7 wire trailer plug, it's all in the book when you get the spreader.

4. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Sounds easy enough...thanks for the replies.