1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation of a md75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by raiderck, Nov 18, 2010.

1. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

I recently bought a 2010 sierra. I have the snow dogg from my older chevy truck. My question is how hard is it to install the mount? Is it a direct bolt-on? I can figure out the wiring part but wasn't sure about the mount. I'm debating if I should do it myself and save some $$

thanks

2. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What year was your older chevy truck? You may not be able to use your old mount.

4. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

Plow mounts r different. Thanks for the link!!

5. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

Headlight adapters??????????

Does any body know what I need for the light adapters?? The snow dogg site calls out for 2 options part #s 1607110 and 16071160

2010 gmc sierra 1500 extended cab 6.5 box

Thanks

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What headlights do you have.

7. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

Help Needed on wiring

Well I received all the parts for the wiring!! I have a few questions on the wiring terminations, they do not match the install sheets on the web, or i'm over looking something

on the controller harness- I have the battery negative wire that goes directly to the battery, I have the 6 awg red wire that goes to one side of the motor starter relay, then i have a smaller red guage wire with a ring terminal that goes on the motor starter, I then have a black small guage wire with 2 ring terminals on it. One would go to the battery and the other to the motor starter. This is on question: at the plug for the handheld controller I have 2 red/white wires going to 1 female connector- I beleive this goes to a 12v + connection when the key is on the on position??? ok thats it for the control harness:

On the Lightning harness relay I have 3 wires coming off of it. One is a orange wire with a female connector on it----- Does this connect to the control harness somehow, If so where and to what wire???? the next 2 wires off the relay harness is a red and a black wire having its own ring terminal for each. Do these wires directly connect to the battery??

any help would be great!!

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

OK - you are correct on the controler harness. The red/white wires go to switched +12V, find a nice 10A source.

On the relay harness, if it's not a switched ground truck (99-02 GM/Dodge pickups, all S-10's/Colorado's, older Toyotas), then the Red/Orange can both go to switched power (same as the red/white wire), and the black wire goes to a good ground.

If it IS switched ground, then all three wires go to ground.

Your instructions should have matched the wire colors, but if you've got newer instructions with an older harness, that could be the problem.

9. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

Ok, thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

10. raiderck

raiderck Junior Member
    from usa

Almost done!!

I have the mount in place!! All of my wiring is almost completed. I just have to figure out the purple and brown wiring from my headlight adapters. So if anyone can help me out that would be great!! The brown wire taps into the parking light circuit, and the purple wire ties into the turn circuit. Does anyone know what color wires i tie into??????? the parking light has 2 grey wires and 1 green going to the lbulb, the turn signal has 2 grey wires and 1 green going to the bulb. its a 2010 sierra