1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Ground Cover, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Ground Cover

Ground Cover Junior Member

i bought a 8' pro plow to put on my 2006 f-350. the plow is the ultra mount style and i have found the truck mounts to fit it. i got a smoking deal on the setup but i have a couple issues.

When i went to pick every thing up the guy carried out a box of wiring. i started digging through the box to see what all was there. i noticed that there was no module box. the guy said he did not have one that the box is only for the lights and he wired the lights through a seperate switch, then i was looking more and noticed where the plow harness connects to the truck that he cut the ends off and wired them up with 7 prong trailer style connectors.

ny questions is what do i need to get to make the wiring legit. or does anyone have the tuck side wiring and module they would wanna sell. thanks for any and all help.

2. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I would reccomend buying a new harness kit for your specific vehicle. Not cobbled together which could lead to headaches later and possibly while trying to plow !!

Just my opinion !

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I agree, check craigslsit or ebay. At 2 in the morning isn't the time to try and figure which cobbled together part doesn't work. If you are going to be using it to make you money I would get the right parts, already sounds like you were leaning that way.