1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation guide

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by samerritt0272, Oct 21, 2006.

1. samerritt0272

samerritt0272 Junior Member

I just purchased a used 7.5' snoway predator plow with the down pressure option and am having trouble with the wiring. I have a red and white wire together in a quick coupling and a black wire in a similar black coupling. I have scoured the manuals that I received with the plow and just can't figure it out. Is there a detailed installation guide out there that I could get my hands on. Please help the snow is soon to arrive!!! email...samerritt0272@yahoo.com.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

what manuals do you have?

3. samerritt0272

Basher, I have the following manuals: Plow Control Package, Plow Set Up and Installation Instructions, Auxiliary light and mounting package, and Owners Manual. With all of that I still can't figure out where this solenoid switch is, or should be. Then I have a yellow and a brown wire out of the wrapping of the harness that have no ends on them. Where do they go? I really want to install this myself as the local dealer wants $500.00 to install. I'm on a budget and the wife would lose her mind if I paid that to have it installed. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Scott

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

samerritt0272

There is a serial # on the plow that you should be able to locate. It will either be on the plow a-frame or on the pump support plate located underneath the hydraulic power unit cover. If you can locate it post the info here and I can either send you the required manuals that you need, or send you to the service center on our website where you can download them yourself. Is this a new or a used plow?

Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What harness the headlight harness or the control harness?
    get the instructions from the web site. then you'll be able to identify the parts. let us know how it goes.

6. itmon

itmon Junior Member

The only help I can be on this is for the yellow and brown wire. You should have a yellow and brown wire on one side of the harness and just a yellow one on the other. The brown wire goes to the parking light + wire and the yellow goes to the turn signal + wire. one for the left side light and the other to the right side light. I'm sorry I can't help you further. I have the same problem here. I don't have a wiring diagram and can't seem to find one. I think it is sno-way way to make money on there adapter and harness sales. If I had a breakdown on each wire I could make one harness work for any light system. It would be a matter of relays and diodes.

7. samerritt0272

Plow is hooked up but.........

I have the plow all hooked up but the lights don't work right. I have turn signals on the plow and low beam headlights but when I click for the high beams the plow lights go off and the truck high beams go on. I have tried and tried to figure this out but no luck. Could it be my relay? Help, the snow is on it's way.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you have to flip 2 wires on the relay.7 + 8 i belive

9. samerritt0272

I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks Basher!!!

10. samerritt0272

Basher, I only have 0-7 on my relay. So what 2 wires should I switch?

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The relay needs to have 8 posts, there should be 8 wires. If memory (with is failing) serves me correct, it is the red/white stripe and the red/black stripe. I thought they skipped 5
    0 1
    3 7
    4 8
    2 6

I think:drinkup:

12. toby4492

samerritt0272,

The relay should be wired as follows if this is a 99100196 or 99100197 harness:

Function Wire Color Relay Pin #
    Ground Pink 0
    Park Lights Brown 1
    Low Beam In Red 4
    Low Beam Truck Red/White 3
    Low Beam Plow Red/Black 2
    High Beam In Orange 8
    High Beam Truck Orange/White 7
    High Beam Plow Orange/Black 6

If the harness is a 99100529:

Ground Black 0
    Park Lights Brown 1
    Hi Beam In Red 4
    Hi Beam Truck Red/Black 3
    Hi Beam Plow Red/White 2
    Low Beam In Green 8
    Low Beam Truck Green/Black 7
    Low Beam Plow Green/White 6

Let us know how you make out with the wiring.

Regards,

13. samerritt0272

No luck

Well guys, I've tried everything that you suggested and still no high beams on the plow. I am so frustrated. The local snoway dealer is of no help. He wants to charge me an ungodly amount of money just to look at it with no guarantee that he can fix it. I guess I could run it with low beams only but I sure hate to. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

15. toby4492

samerritt0272

I would agree with Basher that if you have gone through and double checked everything that it sounds as if the relay is bad. Part # for the new relay would be #96101536. You should be able to pick up for $20-$30 bucks depending on the dealer. Let us know how you make out.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I doubt it, the dealer probably wants to make some money and snoway's new Northeast distribution system:realmad: has jacked already high parts prices up around 28%. :realmad: Suggested dealer list on that item is $36.00. But it's tough for the dealers to make anything at suggested list with the new system:mad: , don't be surprised to pay $42-46.00:eek: for that part.

17. samerritt0272

What harness is right?

What harness for the lights should I have for a 1995 GMC Sierra? Still having problems with the lights working.

18. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Tom,
    Can't you replace the relay for him under warranty, It sure would make your company look good, to help out someone with a problem.

19. toby4492

samerritt0272,

For the 1995 Sierra you should have the #99100196 harness. Does the truck have dual or quad headlights? If quad what are the bulb #'s on the truck? If quad do you have the proper light adapter harness?

Let us know.

20. samerritt0272

I don't have the quad headlights. I just want my plow lights to work. I am out of energy and ideas to fix this problem, and I don't want to spend $60/hr to have someone figure it out. Help me Tom!!!