1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installation advice Western Pro Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mtchockey30, Oct 3, 2009.

1. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Well after buying the wrong mount for the truck and now buying the right one im really hoping that I have everything I need.. Tomorrow I am going to try and instal the mount to my 2004 F250 SD diesel (there is 2 mounts for the 2004 depending on the build date, which I didnt know) and I am also going to try to instal the wiring, So I was just going to ask if anyone might have any little tips or trick to help make the installation go any easier?? - Thanks

P.S. unfortunately I now have a mount for sale for a.. I don't even really know lol I think it is a 1999 - 2004 Ford early 2004

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have a 99 superduty and my mount will fit 99-07. Western makes a universal mount for all those years. The wiring is easy and Hope you have a sharp drill bit and a good drill. Since you will be drilling a few new holes in your frame and theres to. Put the truck on a lift if you can it will make you job easier for sure. Good luck and if you nee any questions answered just call me my numbers in my sig. Steve

3. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Thanks I will def give you a shout if I get stumped. As far as the mounts they are different. I went to the dealer to find out and had to buy a dif one. Now I have both lol.. Believe me I wish you were right about the 99-07 cause then I woudnt have had to buy another one. The Late model f250 2004 with a build date 01/04 - 06/04 have to have a dif mount oem # 3249. And the 1999-04 oem # 3219

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

My dealer sold me one to fit all the years up to 08 and told me it was universal so I had to drill holes in the mount after it was installed on the truck and bolt it together.

5. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Hmm well I wish I would have had that one then! Where did u mount ur wiring mod.?

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I put my moduale on top of my fuse box lid with the velcro it came with. far enough back and high enough to stay dry and you can still open the fuse box up if you need to get into it. I can take some pics for you tonight .

7. mtchockey30

mtchockey30 Member
    from MO

Thanks, I thought everything was going good but the resivor* rusted and when I was operating the blow it rusted through and started leaking. So now I have a lot more work...