1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Installating strobe power supply in Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wxmn6, Sep 17, 2002.

1. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

As most of you should know, I bought a new 2002 Chevy 2500HD Extended Cab Short Box. I am trying to get some idea about installing clear hide-a-flash strobes in rear corners signal lights and blue hide-a-flash strobes in daytime running lights. Now I am trying to figure out where I could route the cables to the strobe power supply. The ideal place for strobe pak is under the rear seat in extended cab. But when I crawled under the truck, I see no grommets that goes through the floor where the rear seat is. However I did see a couple of metal gromments that go through the floor but that is between the front and rear seat. I am wondering what you guys do with your strobes setup on this similar truck? Would it be noticeable to see blue strobe tubes in daytime running light cowls? An alternative to this would be Flatlighter visor strobes but that gives some flashback in the dark and no warning strobes in the rear. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Stephen,
    I think if you mount your blues in the DTRs, they will be inefective as warning lights, unless you can disable the DTRs. The white light will wash out the blue. Our Chief's car have white hide aways in the headlights, and you can barely see them at night when the lights are on.

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

That's what I was afraid about. But just wanted some opinion. Looks like I am going with the alternative route. I havn't took out the rear lights out yet to see if there is enough room between the cowl and body of truck for the base of strobe. Do you know? Thanks.