1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

install

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JeepCreepn01, Dec 4, 2005.

1. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

just bought a brand new ultra mount pro 7'6" will be going on my 05 f-250, me and a buddy are doing the install just wondering if there is anything i need to watch out for or any advice i could get, im thinking the hardest part will be the wiring? any input would be great

2. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Wiring should be a snap with the Isolation Module.

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

the wiring is actually pretty easy, its vehicle specific so it goes smoothly.

just go by the book, glance through the whole install process first.
    do the truck install first, I did my plow assembly first and took a guess as to the height of the plow, luckily I was right and did not have to take it apart and adjust it after.

I found a unibit went right through the frame rails, I tried this after it took about 5 minutes to get one hole drilled. Unibit blasted right through like it was nothing.

make sure you have some large sockets and wrenches, I had to dig some sockets and wrenches out of the toolbox that I have not used in quite some time.

Other then that the basics- some anti-seize on the bolts, lay out all the parts and hardware, take time to route the wiring neatly and away from anything that might cause a problem, etc...

I also found a nice handy dandy removable plastic "panel" on the driverside firewall that I could drill through and route the wires into the cabin. That was a relief because I really did not want to make a hole in the firewall and put a grommet. Puts your wires right where you need them too.

4. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

thanks, i think it should go great then, got any tool in my shop i would ver need so i should be good, ill let yall know in a few days

5. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

going nice and easy it will take about 8 hours or so, I saved $400 installing it myself and more importantly got a great understanding of everything on the plow and its wiring.

6. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

8 hours??? haha took me and my buddy about 5 to complete, only thing the people didnt send mewas my battery cable on the plow side, that sucked i luckily found one this morning at the local dealer, as it was packed cause the white death should hit us soon, i'm praying for a good snow!
    Liny thanks for your help you did help out alot, everything was easy till we had to mount the mount under the truck, that ws time consuming

7. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I did mine by myself ;) Working with jacks, pieces of wood

with another person it would go much easier as I could have read the directions and the other person thread the bolts, gather the parts, etc..

I actually found the mount not so bad as long as you jacked the truck up enough and wiggled that crap in there just right