1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

install vid?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Kerry38, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Kerry38

Kerry38 Junior Member
    from Texas

I'm a newbie here and need advise. We don't deal with much snow here mostly ice but we recently purchased a snowdogg hd for a 2013 chevy 2500hd. I'm sure we will figure it out but does anyone know of a video showing how to do the original install on this truck? I found the ones on how to attach and detach but not for the install. Thanks in advance.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Didn't it come with a set of install instructions?

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Moss man has an install video on here

4. Kerry38

Kerry38 Junior Member
    from Texas

It came with instructions but there are always easier/better ways. I have read that some of the molding under bumper needs to be trimmed and also read that it doesn't need to be trimmed. I'm just a visual guy and would like to see a vid or at least pics and descriptions. How do I find moss mans vid? I will start looking. Thanks.

5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

check youtube the videos are on there I seen them myself :mechanic:

6. Kerry38

Kerry38 Junior Member
    from Texas

Man I have been all over youtube. Plenty on how to hook up and unhook but nothing on the mounting bracket and wiring on my plow and truck combo. Guess we will dive in and get er done without it. No big deal I just cant believe its not out there.

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Go to mossmans picture thread. He has in an install video.

It's really not hard i can do it in a few hours

8. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

You basically only have to connect splice three wires. Left and right turn signal and power from control from accessory power.

Solenoid and related wires goes on/near core support. Just use the instructions.

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD