1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install Ultramount frame on truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ithaca1230, Nov 17, 2015.

1. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

Question for you all Do you have to remove the bumper to install the plow frame on the truck. I have a aftermarket bumper woth lights and winch and is a real PITA to remove. Is there any way to install with the bumper on? Thanks!

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Not on that brand truck... You definitely have to remove the bumper.

3. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

ok thanks do you know if I can drill the hole after mounting the mount. I do not have the template.

Thanks again

4. cubicinches

Sorry... I thought maybe you'd pick up on the sarcasm. :D

Tell us again... exactly what truck are you working on?

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I think ya scared him away.

6. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

sorry guys had to do work on a few things and didnt get back to computer till today. The truck is a 2005 Ford excursion. The frame is a late 2004 superduty Plow frame is part # 3249 that I found like new used. It did not come with the template for the hole you have to drill. I have a aftermarket bumper "Roadarmor" with winch and lights. would be nice if I can install without removing bumper. Thanks

7. cubicinches

All sarcasm aside... You'll have to remove the bumper to install the mount on that truck.

8. cubicinches

9. ithaca1230

ithaca1230 Junior Member
    from 14850

ok thanks!