1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install Questions

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lodogg89, Sep 26, 2006.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Couple more questions, I installed the wiring harness today for the light, problem i am having is that both the low beams and the high beams were on, then the low beam fuse popped. Not sure why?? Also i have a brown/ yellow wire that comes off the main harness right next to the connecter for the lights, what is it. Ill have a couple more questions in time, If anyone could help it would be great.

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

It helps to know what truck. Probably a Cheve or Dodge from what you describe it's probably the wrong light adapters. Alos how old is the wiring harness. One large relay or two on each side or three on one side or no relay.

Jerre

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Sorry about that, i should have been more specific. It is only a year old harness. Its on a 2005 gmc 1500. Everything connects right, it has 4 relay packs total, 2 on each side.

4. Jerre Heyer

Ok here's the trick part. There are two wiring patterns. Your Green and yellow wires on the adapters should line up with the green and brown wires on the truck plugs and the white wires on the adapters to the black wires on the truck plugs. You've probably got the wrong adapters
    Jerre

5. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

okay, did it come with the wrong adapters, or did i just plug them in wrong??

6. Jerre Heyer

If you bought it used from someone with a 99-03 then they came wrong. PM or call me for quicker help. Jerre

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Ok, i think that is exactly what happened, im gonna take a couple of pictures of the wiring and post em up, are you a blizzard dealer? If so do you ship parts, because ill order them from you if so.

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

okay here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jerre Heyer

Hmmmm.......The reason I don't ship plows and sell them cash and carry.

You need to show the headlights ( truck side ) wiring and adapters from the first plugs you posted the pict of. The second is the running light wire, the third is the power wire in the cab ( key on only ) and the fourth is the main power wire to the solenoid......

Visa and MC accepted:drinkup:

10. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i bought the plow used a couple months ago, but according to the wiring everything was the same, obviously not, i will take a couple pics of the plugs for the lights. I would have rather paid to have it installed but the blizzard dealer is an hour away and wants it all day.

11. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

ok here are the other connectors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DIdnt think the harnesses were different, but im not an expert in this so everyones help is appreciated.

12. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

here are the truck connectors if needed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jerre Heyer

You've got the wrong adapters. They can be used but need modified. As for the hour away and wanting the truck all day.....

It takes 3-6 hours to do a quality install on a vehicle depending on the vehicle. Check out my site and you'll find that 4-6 hrs away is not abnormal to drive.

Call me for instructions on how to fix the problem without getting another set of adapters.

Jerre

P.S. when taking picts of plugs and connectors always use the same orientation for the plugs. You took picts of the plugs upside down and 180 degrees in view.

P.P.S. NICE clear picts you've got there. Got to be a good camera. J

14. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Well i got it all in, everything is good to go, thank you jerre for your help, i owe you a beer, or 6. Will post some pics shortly