1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

install question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Snowbrdr360, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I just bought a new western 7.5 pro plow from CPW. Im completely comfortable with the assembly of the plow, truck side mount, ect. The only thing I'm a bit lost on is the truck side wiring. Part of it makes it look like its pluq and play so to speak, but the scematic makes it look like im cutting wires left and right! I dont have it yet so I cant look it over but I'm looking for advice in advance.

Anybody thats done this how complex? Is it plug and play, or am I searching for wires and stripping left and right??!!

Thanks all:redbounce
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Its mostly plug and play, the only cutting is at the marker and turn signals.
  3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i just installed my own plow on my 1/2 ton, pretty easy except for the lights. Just do a search, i cant remember what the colors are for each but their is like a purple and a grey wire you will use., Just do a search in the chevy thread and im sure youll find what your looking for. Other than that its super easy.
  4. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Its all done! Thanks for the tips!