1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install price opinion

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jwsland, Dec 13, 2010.

1. jwsland

jwsland Junior Member

I'm transferring my plow onto my current truck which is a 06 f.350 powerstroke, from my old 05 f.350 powerstroke. Frame/mount, wiring harness. I'm not sure who I'm going to get to install it yet, maybe a shop, maybe a friend if they're available. I'm just wondering whats a reasonable ballpark price I should be paying for the labor. I know a friend vs. shop will vary. I have all the parts since the plow model fits both year trucks.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

200 to 600 depending on who does it
  3. LUCKY 7

LUCKY 7 Senior Member

Our "local guy" does it for 400. I thing the dealership that sells them gets about 500.
  4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

$ 350 here, good luck
  5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I found you could get a bit of a break for an already assembled blade.
  6. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

350 here to.
  7. jwsland

jwsland Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I ended up paying my friend $275. We still have a couple bugs to work out with the headlights since I misplaced a couple wiring parts. But I'm pretty much good to go.