1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

install opinion

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by oh8chevy2500, Mar 8, 2010.

1. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

What i have is a Bobcat 463 pretty small nice machine for sidewalks and all and i have 2 tir3 led heads left over from a install that never happend i want to mount them on the rear of the machine .... there are 2 removable panels in the rear door for bobcat's taillight option but it seems kind of low to me ... any one have an opinion on where?? pic attached a lil dark but u can see most of it

Attached Files:

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I see the panels and yes they are definitely too low. Find a spot farther up on that orange panel.

3. oh8chevy2500

theres the back up alarm between the decals that im thinkin about putting it about that height with but then im thinkin that dead eye level with all the lil hoopdees around this area dont want to cause no accidents trying to avoid one but if i put it up on the cab theyd be tilted up and theres already a beacon up there thats why im askin for opinions

4. SafetyLighting

LOL, screw the hoopdees, they usually have their front windshield tinted anyways.

5. oh8chevy2500

true and with their 12000+K HID kits so f'n annoying a pure white to a light blue 6 - 7000kish is perfect but the purple pink and other rediculous colors around are stupid blinding it sucks

6. SafetyLighting

exxxxxactly!

7. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

move the work light to the center. put the tir 3`s up in the corners.been there done that on a different machine though. if you want them to flash behind you and not up in the air because of the angle of the roof,just get a piece of metal 1/8-3/16th thick 2" wide and bend to fit. if you put them by the decals theres a pretty good chance they`ll get wiped off of there. the machine i did had a roof beacon but that got wiped off and they went to 2 tirs rear,2 facing forwar and one either side of the machine giving full coverage.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  8. oh8chevy2500

yeah that work like is in like a 3.5-4" grommet mount i dont feel like having to weld up that hole ... i am goin to look when i get home how close the exhaust pipe is to the door may possibly mount them vertically on the outter edges of the vents

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I was gonna suggest inside the vents, didn't think about the exhaust. That would be the best place if they fit.

10. oh8chevy2500

inside? ...hmmm sleek hidden .... hmmmmmmmmm.... radiator and fan shroud should be right there .................... interesting

11. oh8chevy2500

now where can i get me some adhesive lined heat shrink and some black loom for the install ... and another question anyone know of a place to find a waterproof relay with a mounting tab?

12. Mr.Markus

Radiator and fan aren't mounted to the door (I hope) I mount them behind the grill on everything, protects them well and still a nice stock look. Not familliar with this machine though.

13. oh8chevy2500

i didnt mean that they were mounted to the door lol i was tryin to say that it could be a good mountin surface off the radiator and shroud mounts n such ... sometime im asleep at the keyboard sorry :sleeping:

14. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

verticle on each edge of the vents above the logo.... you have enough room and they can handle the heat that might come from those vents!

15. Mr.Markus

I would think mount them to the door.. not the rad or shroud mounts(too hot), have them on weather proof plugs in case you have to remove the door. Are we on the same page yet...lol.

16. oh8chevy2500

:sleeping::sleeping: still too early ... i dont think until i leave work hahah! no i get ya i just need to get home to the machine to see ...:drinkup:

17. oh8chevy2500

so i went home yesterday out in the yard gorgeous mid 50 degree day... took a light head up to the machine ...i like the last 2 pics with them on the white to each side of the door ... what are other opinions?

IMG00300.jpg

IMG00303.jpg

IMG00305.jpg

IMG00309.jpg

18. Mr.Markus

Still like them inside the grill, although it looks like a little more work to mount them there.They would be nicely protected, out of sight and out of mind. Hate to see you rub them on a branch and knock em off the outside.There plenty bright enough to be seen when in operation.

Does the door open without crushing them above the hinge????! (Second last pic)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  19. oh8chevy2500

A branch?!?! we dont have them things in the city haha just kiddin ... that machine was beat up when we got previously used for demo work bought with 115hrs for $4800 came with air and solid tires one crack in the step between the lift arms paints scuffed but its a work machine not a show one... we repacked the front bucket cylinder and the hydraulic pumps to fix the leaks.. and the the radiator support fan shroud and belts were damage from them either backin into something of puttin it up on its rear door ... that by the way was new when we bought it ... most money we've put into it is buyin the all glass enclosure ... now its at about 418hrs-ish and other than the disadvantage of a small machine small motor and the stacking ability with wet snow theres nothing this lil beast doesnt do

20. oh8chevy2500

yes it does i made sure of that ....lol