1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install on 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GM_Fan40, Sep 24, 2012.

1. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

So i finally got the correct headlight harness to transfer the wiring over from my old truck today. Everything went smooth and the plow works great.. Only issue is i used one of those add-a-fuse things from pepboys to connect the ignition wire from the control harness to my fuse block in the cab. I tried nearly all the fuses that i thought would be controled with the ignition but i found everyone i tried remained hot regaurdless of the key position(even with the truck off). What has everyone else used on their installs on similar trucks??

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try heater or wiper fuses

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I use the wiper fuse.

4. GM_Fan40

GM_Fan40 Member

Thanks.. Ill try it in the morning.. I guess i was getting tired cause i feel like that is one i should have tried first.. Lol

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Neither of those are in the interior fuse panel. And regardless there are no fuses in that panel that are a keyed ignition source anyway. You must either go to the underdash junction block (used to be called a MID-BUSS center) or you must to go back out through the firewall to the underhood fuse panel. Either one has plenty of keyed ignition sources.