1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install new roof marker lights

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by johnjeffrey, Feb 7, 2004.

1. johnjeffrey

johnjeffrey Junior Member

I've got a recently purchased 1990 F250 5.0L At some point in its life it had roof marker lights installed. There are 6 holes accross the front just above the windshield and one hole on each windshield support a couple of inches below the others. Rather than just fill the eight holes, I'd like to nstall new lights. I took the interior roof molding off expecting to gain access to the holes but that did not expose them. They appear to be drilled only through the exterior sheet metal. Is there an easy way to remove the interior roof sheet metal to get to the holes or should I just drill through the second layer in line with the original holes and run the wires?
    Thanks for any help you can give.
  2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Could the holes have been for a visor? thats what it sounds like with the holes on the pillar. If there were lights, maybe the wiring is there and you can fish it out. I think you'd be able to fish the wires through if they are not there without drilling through to the inside of your truck. An electricians fish tape and an extra set of hands would help. Are you thinking of using a new or salvaged harness or making your own?
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  3. johnjeffrey

johnjeffrey Junior Member

visor or lights

Thanks for your input.I bought a 5 light kit with wire, switch, fuse and connectors included. I'll try it tomorrow. I'll probably fill the remaining holes with bondo or silicone sealent.