1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install Finished and Ready for Saturday

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Nascar24, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I sold my Plow truck this past fall, couldn't pass up the offer and it was time to move into something more civilized, lol

That move triggered my brother to finish up a 4 year project ( I was no longer plowing so he had to pick up the ball and plow now ) He purchased this 1996 Nissan 4x4 pick-up with 41,000 miles back in 2011, it was in a minor fender bender, I replaced the front bumper, grille, hood left fender, inner fender, Radiator support, radiator , a/c condenser, water pump, fan clutch and fan blade. all of which was done three years ago, he had to take care of a few minor things, just never got around to it. :cry:

Well just before Christmas he said, "Hey I got a plow for nothing can "WE" put it on my truck? " I said to myself.... " Free" , "WE", oh boy here we go! :mechanic:

Well plow coming off of a SOB ( Some Other Brand) and a half breed was the icing on the cake! A few days work I remade the S10 push plates to fit the Nissan, Iron Done! Next was the box of worm wiring :mad:, Bought a brand new control harness and switches from Smith Bros Thumbs Up . New power cables, and created a headlight harness with relays per Smith Bros Diagram Thumbs Up. The plow blade was an old Meyer which was tired and rusty, so I searched and found a 6.5' Fisher that needed some work.... trip springs worn right through trip edge :mad:, few holes from wings, and no angle cylinders.

A total of $475 later ( after I sold the old Meyer blade :) ) this is the end results

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice work
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks! Its been about four years since my last plow install, so was kinda rusty , on the electrical part, came back to me after a few trial and error moves, lol
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Cute truck lol
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks good!