1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Install diy

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by leigh, Dec 10, 2012.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

How hard is it to install truckside wiring and push plates?.Need to do an install on my brother inlaws 01 Dodge 2500.No luck finding used parts and it looks like parts are about 1k. Or should I just let dealer do it? Plow is a 8'2 vxt. Thanks

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

I bet if you read the instructions that are supplied with the plow that even a caveman could do it, if he took his time and went step by step.

3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

the instructions are very straight forward i promise you

4. leigh

from CT

"So you're saying there's a chance". I have to check to see how we stack up against a caveman! Between the two of us ,a pollock and a hunky it might be worth a try.Maybe instructions will have pretty pictures!

5. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yup,

And you can't fail at trying it unless you never try it.

I find it amazing that people say " I can't do this ", yet never make the attempt. IMO, making an attempt, and not getting it done, at least shows that you're willing to put the effort forwards to begin with. The only failure, to me, is never trying.Thumbs Up

6. leigh

from CT

The frame is no problem. I hate electrical work.Spent 6hrs today fixing trailer wiring,yikes!

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Whats this One in a Million stuff?

8. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

I put the plow , frame and wiring all together. Wasnt bad at all

9. leigh

from CT

Ok,it's morning now and I'm drinking coffee not the stuff I was drinking last night when posting:drinkup: Go Pats! Thanks for advice,you've convinced/shamed me to do install ourselves. Know have to go to stealer to deal with over priced parts! Anyone order online and had shipped? Is shipping prohibative? Thanks

10. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Try Jim

http://www.plowsite.com/member.php?u=36270

He's got the best pricing around.

11. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

they are not too bad at all to install i have installed on numerous ford superduty trucks, a half ton dodge and a couple chevys. Just follow the instructions, and dont forget your test light to get your ignition power wire. good luck

12. leigh

from CT

Thanks, sent Jim a pm

13. leigh

from CT

Truck side mounts and wiring arrived mon pm,time to get to work on install!

plow frame 002.jpg

14. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

make sure you dry fit everything hand tight first . mount should be 15 1/2'' from ground when completed .have fun w/ wiring ! if your mech inclined with the right tools , should be a breeze . for 400.00 you can have a real mechanic or body man install it

15. leigh

from CT

for 400.00 you can have a real mechanic or body man install it

16. Spool it up

get er dun :mechanic:

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Everything is a piece of cake. The wiring is all plug and play. The mount is going to be the most difficult, but you will be fine. Just make sure to use thread lock on the bolts.

18. leigh

from CT

Got the mount on this afternoon.Piece of cake. Had my nephew crawl under and do most of work! Lent a helping hand when needed.Toughest part was the u-shaped bolt that gets fished through frame.(01 dodge) Brother in law attached wire to each threaded part and that helped.I spent most of the time painting a piece of furniture for the boss(wife). Wiring didn't come with any instructions.Have to download i guess.No hurry with the weather we've been having

boss plow install 006.jpg

boss plow install 002.jpg

19. Spool it up

15 1/2'' from the ground ?

20. leigh

from CT

Exactly 151/2 to center of pin holes Thumbs Up