1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

instal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by craigie, Jun 19, 2011.

1. craigie

craigie Junior Member

I have a fisher mm1 and I want to put it on my 2000 gmc 1500, just looking things over it looks like the bumper is gonna have to come off. Is there a way around this?

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

If you're not comfortable removing the bumper, what makes you think you'll be comfortable installing the mount???

3. craigie

craigie Junior Member

I'm more than comfortable doing it, just did not know if there was a quicker way of doing things that's all

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Technically you don't HAVE to remove the bumper, just the lower valance. But removing that from the bumper is much easier with the bumper removed and it only takes two sockets and an impact gun to remove the bumper after pulling the headlamps, grill and marker lights to access the four inner bumper bolts. The entire dis-assembly can be done in ten minutes as they're one of the easiest ones out there.

5. craigie

craigie Junior Member

thanks for your help! :)