1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

instaact wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bob00, Oct 17, 2010.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

hey guys,

i wil buy an insta-act pump to fitt my mm2 it used to run on belt driven pump but with newer truck ther is no way to fit a belt drive pump ther

so ther is my question do i need a complete truck side wiring kit to make in works ?

cause for now i run my light with a 6 pin trailer plug and some switch way cheeper then the isolation module system and works very good

thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have the controller you can build your own control harness with a couple connectors and some wire of a few various colors.

3. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

do you know were i can find a scematic for this ?? went it come to wire fisher seem to be not very descreptive in ther massive amount of manuel

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can describe how to wire it rather easily. Which style of controller are you using, joystick or handheld? And if it's a joystick does it have a white plastic connector on it?

5. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

i dont have on hand now i just buy it on ebay but its a joystic 8292 and yes it got that white plastic connector on it

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply follow the wire colors on the controller itself to build your own control harness.

White - to 12V ignition source. Be sure to include a 6 AMP inline fuse on this circuit.
    Brown - to a good ground. Preferably directly to the negative battery terminal
    Black - to small terminal on under hood solenoid. This is your activation wire that triggers said solenoid.
    Red - to S1 coil on pump
    Green - to S2 coil on pump
    Blue - to S3 coil on pump

Then simply add a small ground to the other small terminal on the under hood solenoid, connect your power cables to it and you're all set. Just be sure to double and triple check your work because if connected incorrectly you can smoke the controller.

Simple enough.

7. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

very simple wehn explain by a pro

on s1,s2,and s3 do they need any gound? probely a dumm question i didt see the unit yet its somewere in ups hands by now

and can you tell me more on how the valve works on this, 3coil for 4 fonction ?

8. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

9. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

thanks i am just waiting for it and i put it all together is it the same for sehp pump ??

10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it is the same.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I knew it was here but couldn't find it for the life of me thanks.

If you have no plow side wiring at all you will need to make up a ground jumper and tie it to your ground cable connection on the motor to ground all the coils. And if you don't know the identification of the coils/valves when you're ready to connect your new control harness to them here you go....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  12. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

that is for a shep pump? i got an insta-act were is s1 2 and 3 do they are left to right 123 or its more complicated

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on which way you're orientating it, so a pic is easier than a description....

Valves.png

14. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

thanks a lot b&b for your very very detail answer