1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insta-Chain---anybody using these?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maverick, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

http://www.insta-chain.com

I see these on the school buses up here and they say you can put them on anything. Anybody got them? Comments? Cost? Search didn't turn up much.

2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Work well on the street in less than 6" of snow. I have never seen them on a plow truck. Constant reversing would be an issue. On-spot/Instant chain, the two manufacturers that I know, some work on electric some work on air. The trouble is getting them to work in reverse. I have not used them in 5+ years so that is my experience.

If your plowing required chains, I think you would want regular chains.

Howard

3. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

we have on spot chains on our ambulances and most of our firetrucks, they work great and are a lot of help, all of ours are electric. a great deal of help on our ambulance when getting down the small back roads.

4. boba

boba Senior Member

instachain/onspot

I use onspot chains on a 1999 F350 dual wheel dump. Work great on ice. My "learning curve" was NOT to use them on rough gravel driveways. Twice I bent the arm when it dropped into a dip. Saves putting chains on 90% of the time.