1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insta Act Unresponsive Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by UpstateDzlGuy, Feb 2, 2015.

1. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Well, after 11 years without any issues other than hose replacements and regular servicing, I finally have an issue with my Insta Act system. While plowing this afternoon I pushed up into the bank and when I went to back out I had nothing. I hit float and it dropped, but didn't allow the cylinder to bottom out. It wouldn't lift, turn, drop, nothing. I can hear the motor solenoid clicking under the hood when I try to make a movement. I checked all the connections and they look good. The lights are all working correctly and the joystick has power. I'm leaning towards either the pump or the control solenoids. I'm going to try digging into it tomorrow night, but thought I would seek some insight. I want to get through the season so I can sell it and get a new V.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Test light the output side of the solenoid while pressing up,l,r, if nothing then it's the solenoid, next move to the motor. If power and no movement, most likely motor.

3. UpstateDzlGuy

Thanks for the input! I will give it a shot tomorrow. Odd to loose everything.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The solenoid sends electricity to the motor. Which is up, left, right, down is gravity which does not need a motor to run, just a valve. So quite normal.

5. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

if the solenoids clicking the motor up and died on u and if u do replace the motor u want to do the shaft bushing which aftewr 11 yrs must be paper thin

6. UpstateDzlGuy

OK Thanks! I'm going to get it in the garage this afternoon and look it over. I'm thinking it's the pump motor, but need to make sure. I'll have to give the shop a call and see what there stock looks like.

7. UpstateDzlGuy

Well, it's the pump relay. I had no power to the pump and only power at the hot side of it. I quick jumped it and the motor kicked on and the blade jerked. I'll pick one up tomorrow and hopefully that is all it is.

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Always have an extra solenoid in stock, when they go at midnight during a NorEaster you'll be glad you did. Look at it this way, if you spend the $20 and never need to use it it's the best insurance you ever bought.

9. UpstateDzlGuy

Got the solenoid swapped out and it's back in action. That poor thing took a fall from grace in its last moment! Thanks again for everyone's help.

Chris