1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insta act pump leak

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peconicwaters, Jan 16, 2009.

1. peconicwaters

peconicwaters Junior Member
    from L.I N.Y

I have been noticing a small leak near the top of the manifold where the motor mounts.This past storm it got really bad so I decided I better look into it. I took the pump assembly off the headgear and took it apart. After taking off the lower part of the pump(fluid resevoir) I took the pump off the manifold and found the shaft seal to be bad(spring around seal broken). This allowed fluid to travel up the shaft and into the pump motor,which created a mess to say the least.I was actually suprised that it worked at all with the amount of oil in the motor,which kind of explains the weird smell i have been noticing. Has anyone else had this problem? Hopefully I can find this seal locally since my fisher dealer is about 60 miles away.:eek:
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western and fisher parts are interchangable so if you have a western dealer closer stop and see them.