1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insta act motor continues to run

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHresident, Aug 25, 2015.

1. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

hi all I have a used plow new to me 3 plug with insta act I chked my trk side with another plow and all worked fine SO ive eliminated trk side the motor on the insta act continues to run after the lift cylinder has risen all the way UNTIL I hit left or right button plow moves left and right and dwn as it should and motor doesn't stay on all the way left or right im thinking bad #20 cartridge solenoid or plow side control cable .....OR opinions ? thxs

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Cartridge has nothing to do with motor staying on. I would bet on solenoid. The new to plow may be drawing more amps than your other plow while raising sticking the solenoid. Also why motor is not staying when angling since the load is much less than raising.

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Replace the solenoid.