1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Insta Act & 1 Battery

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dmjr77, Nov 6, 2006.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

In my 2000 K3500 pickup I can only get a single battery in it due to the place that they mounted the isolation module. Will I be safe with one battery (AC Delco 770 CCA Battery) this winter, or will I need to do some relocation of the wiring?
  2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

One of our trucks is single battery 1999 gmc only a 2500, but the fisher insta act has never been a problem. We do automatically good or bad, change the battery think 2 or 3 years, swap it for other things.
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You don't have to mount the isolation module where there is an auxillary battery tray. Just relocate the isolation and you can add another battery.
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

It's not the battery as much as it is the alternator. I would investigate switching to a higher output alternator it would help more than the battery.