1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insert dumpers

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by TazLandscapes, Mar 27, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

I am looking at getting a insert dump body for my 2001 Dodge 2500 rc truck within the next couple of weeks.
    the two that i am looking at are the downeasters and Bri-mars inserts because those are the only two that i can get around here.but i need some input on which one is best,plus cost is an issue..Also i have a backrack on my truck and my lightbar and back up lights are mounted on it and i do not want to have to remove it because everything is all wired up ..I have an 8ft bed on my truck..

Mike DiBiase
    Taz Landscaping

:bluebounc :redbounce xysport
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Mike
    Myself since you are in Maine I would call Downeaster direct and ask for Bill Smith. The number is in a link at the top of the page. From everything that I have heard you will be very happy with a Downeaster. Do a serch for threads started by 4evergreen on this site. Ron who is the owner of 4evergreen has bought 2 downeaster in the last 3 years and is very happy with them.

Regards Mike
  3. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

why not put a venco,or other brand, hydro lift in youre truck.I put one in my f250 its awesome.I find its alot easier to get in and out of job sites and saves time,where as a trailer just to much of a pain.I paid 1500.00 and installed it myself.Just thought i would send my 2 cents,good luck