1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

input on set up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tyreese27, Nov 28, 2013.

1. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

I have 2011 chevy silverado 1500 and have the meyer drive pro 7'5. I'm going to be plowing couple parking lots for a couple local business's. Am I going to run into any problems with the plow holding up and handling this work?
  2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Plow won't know if your plowing a drive way or parking lot. Just take it easy and you'll be fine
  3. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

It depends on the size of the lots & the amount of snow that you will be trying to push and stack.
  4. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Thats a good point. lol
  5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

A 1/2 ton truck is not much truck for a parking lot, especially if the lot has any size. Truck is too light and it will take forever with a 7.5 straight blade. A V blade or some other type with a scoop type is best on a lot.
  6. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Well good thing I'm getting paid by the hour.
  7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

You'll be fine. I plowed LOTS of big lots with an F150 and 7.5 Western. That included the blizzard of 99. 1/2 tons can do good work.
  8. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Agreed, I did 3 small lots and 35 driveways last year with my 04 1500 with a 7.5 fisher, including the blizzard in Feb. Just done beat the pi$$ out of it and you will be ok (this advice is for any truck with a plow on it)
  9. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Make sure you have a heavy duty transmission cooler installed before you start plowing the lots if its an automatic. Its easy to cook a tranny.
  10. tyreese27

tyreese27 Member

Yeah I have the HD cooling package on my truck so it should be fine. And nice to see other half ton trucks doing the same stuff i'll be doing.