1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Input on JD Blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wyldman, Jan 10, 2003.

1. wyldman

wyldman Member

Local dealer is clearing out John Deere single stage blowers.He has a few leftover discontinued models at at really good price.Was considering purchasing a few.

Model is 721 - single stage two stroke

Anyone has any feedback on this particular machine ?
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If its the two stroke single stage unit, I would stay away. I had one a few years ago and when it would start, it clogged every 2 feet. They are made by MTD, and are not very good IMO
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

That's all I needed to hear.Maybe why the are discontinuing them.

I'm suprised they are made by MTD,they don't look at all like them.They look more like a Toro,wasn't quite sure.We have a bunch of MTD's now,and they are OK.Best thing is we can pick up new ones every year or two really cheap in the early spring when Wally World clears them out
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

almost every single stage blower i see in the back of plow trucks around here is hondas. i guess they are good? i have a simplicity 2 stage 9hp that i use on sidewalks and stuff after the storm is over. that thing moves some snow!
  5. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

I have never seen a single stage snow blower...ever

All two stage around here usually with 10+ hp