1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Input on Blizzard 6.8?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ICindrich, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

I am looking at plows for my Sonoma, western and fisher both look like childrens toys, meyer is expensive, so my list is down to Snoway or blizzard, any suggestions?
  2. truckie36

truckie36 Member

I'd go with Blizzard. The 720LT gives you 2" more height, 6" more width and only weighs 15lbs more than the 680LT.payup
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

2nd that or get the light duty STEEL fisher not the rubber and plastic one
  4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Ya Is the western and fisher you looked at the suburbanite and it's homesteader? Theres one where I live on an s-10 and yes they look not commericaly up to the task. Snoways are nice plows, so are blizzards, they sell em at my boss's auto repair center. I agree go with at least a 7 foot blade. I have a 7 foot on my blazer and it's only about 8 inches wider that the tires. Either way you'll be getting a good plow, just be sure if you get the snoway get the taller one, not one of the ones with the very short moldboard.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would go blizzard.
  6. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Trying to decide between the blizzard 6.8 for $3350 mounted or the meyers 6.5 $3200 mounted. Any input on the 2 plows. I like northman plows, but cant find a dealer in ohio.
  7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Go blizzard. Its way better than the meyer max 2. Its only $150 why not.
  8. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Also throw the Sno-way MT 6.8 with the other two. Havent found a price yet and think a dealer is about 25 miles away.
  9. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

680 has only one problem...

The 680lt's moldboard height is too short. Why the he## they didn't make it at least the 720's height behooves me..
  10. ynot_5_0

ynot_5_0 Member

I had the Blizzard 680LT on my 04' Ranger FX4 Level II. I got this plow before they offered the 720LT. I paid $2800.00 installed. I had good luck with this plow. Granted, I only used it on driveways and on one storm had to plow out a motor vehicle inspections station for a buddy. I would definately go with the 720 if you have the option. I loved the Blizzard...had one problem with the headlight relay...but that was the installers mistake and they corrected it. I would have gotten another Blizzard this time around, but they were out of stock. So good luck with whatever you choose!